Piers Morgan has reacted to the news Prince Harry has settled the remaining parts of his claim against Mirror Group Newspapers on Friday.
In doing so, Prince Harry’s lawyers also released a statement on the royal’s behalf in which he continued to take aim at former Mirror Editor, Morgan.
Morgan has always denied any knowledge of any alleged phone hacking which went on during his time as editor.
Harry’s lawyer David Sherborne said his client had been awarded “substantial” additional damages by the Mirror Group Newspapers while the organisation said it was “pleased” to be able to “move forward from the events that took place many years ago”.
Piers Morgan has reacted to Prince Harry’s settlement
The Duke couldn’t resist a pop at Morgan, however, as he doubled down on his claim that the 58-year-old “knew perfectly well what was going on”.
Harry went on to add: “Even his own employer realised it simply could not call him as a witness of truth at the trial.
STATEMENT: I totally agree with Prince Harry that ruthless intrusion into the private lives of the Royal Family for financial gain is utterly reprehensible… and I hope he stops doing it.
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) February 9, 2024
“His contempt for the court’s ruling and his continued attacks ever since demonstrate why it was so important to obtain a clear and detailed judgement.”
Morgan has now taken to X, formerly Twitter to share a statement in response to the Duke’s words.
He penned: “STATEMENT: I totally agree with Prince Harry that ruthless intrusion into the private lives of the Royal Family for financial gain is utterly reprehensible…
“And I hope he stops doing it.”
Prince Harry has settled with the Mirror Group Newspapers
MORE TO FOLLOW…