New CCTV images of the wanted alkali attacker Abdul Ezedi have been released as police are pushing ahead with their nationwide manhunt for the man.
The footage, from 11.25 pm on Wednesday, January 31, shows Ezedi walking near Battersea Park hours after committing the vile attack against a mother and her two children.
The 35-year-old convicted sex offender had thrown a corrosive substance over the trio in Clapham last week, but authorities are still unsure of his whereabouts.
Officers executed warrants associated with the man, including his place of work, in a joint operation between the Met and Northumbria Police last night – but no arrests were made.
CCTV images show the wanted Ezedi (bottom right) crossing the street by Battersea Park
Police say their investigation team in London has “progressed further work to analyse Ezedi’s movements” and now knows he crossed Chelsea Bridge.
“A large number of officers” revisited the scene of the crime in Clapham yesterday evening to make appeals for information a week on from the attack.
Metropolitan Police Commander Jon Savell said: “Today’s early morning activity involved armed officers targeting addresses linked to Ezedi as our investigation continues to find this dangerous man.
“This is just part of our work, a team of 100 officers in London are continuing to progress a range of enquiries, linking in with other forces and agencies.
The full CCTV image from the Met shows Ezedi on the south side of Chelsea Bridge
“This includes meticulous work to examine CCTV footage, and we have now traced Ezedi’s movements for another 30 minutes.
“Thanks once more to all those members of the public who continue to contact us with information, we are hugely grateful.
“Officers at the scene handed out 250 leaflets and spoke to many people in the local area last night as we appealed for any further witnesses to the horrific events of a week ago to come forward. We also visited local Afghan restaurants and spoke to members of the local residents’ association.
“People were pleased to see us and I would like to thank everyone who spoke to us.
“Please keep the calls coming – we are following up every single piece of information.”
Commander Savell has described the attack as “senseless and cruel” and said its motivation appears to have been “the breakdown of a relationship”.
Police have released an extensive timeline of Ezedi’s movements on the night of January 31, with the latest CCTV imagery placing the Christian convert on Chelsea Bridge at 11.27 pm.
One of Ezedi’s victims, a 31-year old-woman, may lose sight in her right eye and remains sedated in hospital.
The 35-year-old Ezedi was convicted of two sexual offences in Newcastle in 2018 prior to being granted asylum.
The Metropolitan Police since warned that his facial injuries following the attack could be fatal.
Anyone can speak to a police investigation team via their hotline on 020 7175 2784, and the service requested that any immediate sightings should prompt a 999 call.
A £20,000 reward remains on offer for information leading to Ezedi’s arrest.